Did you know that for the first time ever smartphone purchases outnumbered PC purchases? This means that many of your viewers will be receiving and viewing your content via a mobile device. If you haven’t in the past, this is the year to make sure you have a fully functioning mobile version of your website, emails, campaigns and ads. It also means that you can now more effectively have location-based targeting.
It’s been found that up to 50% of all searches are now being conducted on mobile devices, so you can’t afford to miss out on these hyper-specific local searches. If you’re not sure how visible your company is in local searches, you’ll want to perform a few keyword searches on your business. Ask your employees and friends to do the same. If your business is not showing up on the first page of results, you’ll want to first focus your efforts on bettering your SEO before moving on to new technologies. This can be done in many different ways, but here are a few suggestions that have worked for us:
- Create a PPC campaign
- Make sure your Google+ profile and business page are created and up to date. (For help on this, visit our website and download the Ultimate Google Local handbook at the bottom of the page.)
- Create a social media campaign where you are constantly updating your profiles with trending information.
- Guest blog on third party sites so you can create link juice back to your company’s website.
Once you begin to dominate the local searches, you can start to utilize new technologies being introduced to the marketplace to further your profits, and here are a couple to start with:
1. Near Field Communication (NFC). NFC is the technology used with one touch payments. Your business can greatly benefit from this technology as many services will now be able to be paid for via smartphone. You can also use this technology to create coupons and discounts. It’s not mainstream as of yet, and it can really set your business apart. Click here to find out more about setting up this technology.
2. Location services tools on smartphones can help you target fans in a particular area. This is going to be HUGE for local businesses. You can create an app that recognizes when a fan is within a certain area of your business and then from there, you can target fans with specials and coupons with push notifications. You can encourage more fans to download your app by offering discounts to fans that “check in” or “like” your website. This is a great way to further promote your business for barely any cost. A very interesting article on the subject can be found here.
Now that you know how you can take advantage of up and coming technologies, don’t just let this information go to waste. Put it to action and integrate it with the trends given in the other two 2013 trends articles. I guarantee you’ll be on your way to dominating your local market in no time.
Have a question about the trends in this article or any of the others? Contact one of our experienced coaches at 888-804-8685 or fill out the visibility analysis form here. We’ll tell you exactly how visible your company is compared to your competitors and what you can do to dominate your local market online today.
P.S. Your competitors probably don’t want us telling you this but…we are holding a Webinar on Jan. 24 where Senior VP of client services, Bob Sheehan and I will be telling you exactly how to use Google’s 7 resources to dramatically increase your search rankings and dominate your local market. You really don’t want to miss this. You’ll walk away knowing exactly how to use Google to get more leads and start beating your competitors- fast. Seats are limited and are filling up fast, so click on the “register today” link below and save your seat today!