Developing powerful content is one of the most important things you can do to build your local business Facebook page fan base. The goal is to get your fans to keep coming back for more, and the only way to do that is to provide them with a reason to come back. In addition, you want your current fan base to share your posts and page information with others (which can cause a viral impact!), and again, the only way to make that happen is to give them content they want to share!
When working with our clients, we remind them that content for their local business isn’t limited to what we put into writing. In fact, images and videos can grab a consumer’s attention much faster than plain text can in many cases.
Compelling content for your local business Facebook page should, at a minimum, include a combination of the following:
- How-to videos
- Before and after photos, or relatable photos for your business
- Guest blogs
Some important tips to keep in mind when developing your Facebook page content include:
- Pictures and Videos can attract attention better than plain texts or links.
- Tag individuals within your posts to help create a viral impact, and when it makes sense, use Facebook ‘Notes’ which allows you to easily tag individuals to cause a viral effect.
- Guest bloggers give you an opportunity to build more links for your Facebook page in addition to leveraging their Fan base when appropriate.
- Look for ways to repurpose content you already have both online and offline for your Facebook page, such as hard-copy newsletters, online blogs, etc.
- Look in periodicals, magazine, newspapers, and so on for headlines that grab your attention to have a good idea of the types of headlines you need to create to draw in an audience. You want to grab their attention at first glance!
Building powerful content for your local business Facebook page is simplified when you expand your options for content. So go out and put at least 2 or 3 of these tips into action today to boost your local business with the power of Facebook!
For more strategies to boost local business with Facebook, check out the post, Facebook Strategies – Fully Completing Your Facebook Page to Boost Leads.